Sunday, July 04, 2004

What a difference a day makes.

It's too true. One minute you're bitching about how stressed out you are about everything and the next you're being told by your psychiatrist that you can't go back to work... wait, that actually makes sense. This morning Jackie sat down with me and we told my psychiatrist how difficult things have been for me recently. A three and a half to four hour commute and working so far from home. So the doctor told me that he's putting me on disability for three months. Uh, okay, where the hell did that come from?!?! Yesterday I was worried about looking for a job here in the valley and today I'm on disability? Yeah, twenty-four little hours. I can't say that I'm completely relieved but I'm not nearly as worried about finding the time to take care of things. Now Jackie and I can work, in earnest on getting our home-based business things started. I've got ideas for printing and selling some of my photography. She's going to be making hemp jewelry that we'll be selling on eBay, hopefully, and maybe at some of the local "flea market" events. We are going to work very hard on getting the two cookbooks together and ready for pitching to publishing companies. I'm going to gather some editorial type material to see if I can sell some of my writing. Jackie wants me to gather a collection of my top ten lists and possibly put together a book, so you saw it here first! And amongst it all I have time to find a good job nearby. Okay, so maybe the disability won't be so bad. Hey, I worry... it's how I got in this situation in the first place.

So, in that vain, and because tomorrow is my thirty-sixth birthday, today's top ten is going to be about worrying and the art of aging... gracefully... maybe.

The Top Ten Things People Ask When They Realize They're Getting Older:

10. Do chocolate chocolate chip cookies come in decaf?

9. How many calories does sex actually burn, anyway?

8. Is a Last Will and Testament just a way of avoiding a garage sale???

7. Does this job make me look fat?

6. Do my kids need an inheritance as much as I need a red convertible?

5. Why does my laundry look like a medieval torture chamber?

4. Do these pill organizers come in a briefcase version?

3. When is it actually okay to use the words "When I was your age"?

2. How many carbs do vitamins have?

and the number one thing people ask when they realize they're getting older:

1. Is hair really fashion or just lost and found?