Monday, August 02, 2004

A full nest on an empty stomach.

The wayward eighteen year old has come home to roost for a night. She's got to go to court tomorrow morning to deal with a problem with her driver's license. Don't ask. So with all the girls under our roof I'm considering things from a different perspective. Here's a one for parents.

The Top Ten Things You Don't Want To Hear Come Out Of A Child's Mouth:

10. (when asked about something broken) It wasn't me.

9. (referring to a myriad of commands) It's not fair!

8. (when asked about clothing they've obviously soiled) I don't have anything else to wear!

7. (when the older child is given permission) How come they get to do it?

6. (when asked if they've bathed recently) I think so, wait, no, I can't remember.

5. (from a teenager) I hear you say it all the time.

4. (when caught in the act) I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that.

3. (if asked to do work) I don't feel good.

2. (this one is just icky) I think the cat's sick.

and the number one thing you don't want to hear come out of a child's mouth:

1. (HORROR!) Mom, I found this in your nightstand.